With Memorial Day weekend quickly approaching we’re thrilled to announce the launch of an entirely new version of Cost2Drive.com, our popular trip calculator application that has now been used by over 1 MILLION people!
Many of you shared ideas about how we could improve Cost2Drive to make it more useful for planning car trips and so below is the long list of enhancements that are now live so you can begin planning your summer getaways in earnest.
- Multi-Point Routing: One of the most requested features we’ve heard from our users is the ability to add multiple stops, or waypoints, in a route. This feature is now available along with the ability to enter round trip itineraries. To see an example check out the ultimate national park road trip we created last month to celebrate National Park Week.
- TripAdvisor Content: The new site also displays the top 5 hotels, restaurants and attractions at the route’s destination from TripAdvisor, the world’s leading travel site. Travelers place a high level of trust on user reviews and nobody has more than TripAdvisor so we’re delighted to integrate their valuable content in the new site.
- Trip Planners for Popular Destinations: Also included in the new site are Road Trip Planners for Popular Destinations across the US including top cities, theme parks, zoos, aquariums, national parks and more. Browse through them for vacation ideas and use them to begin planning upcoming trips. The Planners include maps, destination overviews, TripAdvisor ratings and Instagram images (see the Disneyland Trip Planner below). Currently there are 70 Trip Planners but we’ll be adding hundreds (if not thousands) more. If you have a favorite destination or venue that we don’t yet cover let us know and we’ll consider building a Trip Planner for it.
Other enhancements include:
- Per-Person Calculation: The ability to easily divide the trip cost by number of passengers.
- Custom Vehicles: Enables owners of motorcycles or diesel-powered RVs to use the app.
- Saves Car and Location: No need to reenter your vehicle or location information.
- ShareThis Widget: Makes it easy to share your itinerary and trip costs with friends.
- Improved User Interface: Visual enhancements such as bigger maps to plan more complex trips.
There’s even more so please check out the new site and let us know what you think by using our new feedback forms powered by GetSatisfaction .
This is huge milestone for us all at C2G and I want to thank all those involved in making this a reality, but as we like to say the journey is the reward and so we’re already busy working on another exciting product announcement, so stay tuned.
Meanwhile we hope everyone enjoys a glorious summer filled with many happy road trips now that gas has dipped back to more reasonable levels.